Eliza Ponds is a community rich in history, which also combines affordability and location, so it’s little wonder that it’s developed a reputation as one of the most livable communities to be developed close to Fremantle and Coogee beach in recent times.
During its transformation, careful attention was paid to the site’s scenic ponds, with a major focus on rehabilitating and enhancing the area’s wetlands, which involved relocating turtles, snakes and fish to a nearby conservation area.
A range of interpretive signs has also been included in the new community, which showcase details about significant local businessman, philanthropist and politician William Watson, the Founder of Watsonia, in addition to the site’s factory, which was a major local employer in the area, and its homestead.
It’s no wonder that Eliza Ponds was awarded the Urban Development Institute of Australia’s (UDIA) Rising Star Award for 2014, the top award for Urban Water Excellence by the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA), and the best Urban Renewal Project in 2015. And in the same year, it also made the finals of the award for Residential Development Under 250 Lots.
A snapshot of our development plan
- Spearwood Stage 1 – Sold Out
- Spearwood Stage 2 – One block remaining.
- Spearwood Stage 3 – One block remaining.
- Coogee Stage 4 – Available, a mix of family-sized ‘traditional’ lots and front or rear loaded lots ‘garage at rear’ with Coogee postcode.
- Coogee Stage 8 – Delightfully liveable and affordable lots, with the majority front or rear loaded lots ‘garage at rear’ blocks.
Stage 5, Stage 6 and Stage 7 are earmarked for future development.